While Universal Orlando Florida is home to hundreds of great attractions, there are a few that shouldn’t be missed. Here are some of the very best Universal Attractions that you should check out on your visit:
10. Jaws – This ride at Universal Studios is a classic favorite. You’ll take a boat tour through the harbor, where you’ll be tailed by a certain Great White Shark from movie fame. Some people may call it cheesy, but that’s part of its appeal.
9. CityWalk – This complex of restaurants, shops, and night spots is the first thing you see when you reach the Universal Orlando complex. There’s nothing like spending an evening at Margaritaville, chowing down on a great meal as you watch the crowds go by. Kids and Teens will love shopping at the many trendy stores here, while adults will appreciate the unique nightlife opportunities.
8. Dueling Dragons Coaster – This pair of roller coasters at Islands of Adventure takes riders on a twisting, looping, white-knuckle ride, with the two coasters racing to the finish line. Riders will experience two near collisions, where the trains pass within inches of each other. Be sure to ride both coasters, as they’re totally different experiences. The elaborately themed queue here is half the fun.
7. E.T. Adventures – Another classic favorite for kids and adults alike. You’ll board your bicycle and travel through the woods with E.T. The theming is impressive, and offers a cool, whimsical look inside this beloved movie. When the ride is over, E.T. will greet each guest by name, through the magic of technology.
6. Mythos – This restaurant tucked away inside Islands of Adventure is simply incredible. During a long, hot visit to the park one year, my friend and I simply stumbled upon this place and couldn’t believe out luck. It’s a full service, high-end restaurant serving incredible, creative food in a relaxed atmosphere. It’s also unlike any theme park restaurant you’ll ever see anywhere else. Don’t miss it.
5. The Simpsons Ride – This simulator ride at Universal Studios features America’s favorite cartoon family. Fans of the show will love finally seeing the Simpsons on a ride, and visiting the large giftshop to check out unique merchandise.
4. Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster – This coaster is aimed at children and their parents, and features gentle curves and twists. It’s one of the best children’s attractions at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
3. The Incredible Hulk Coaster – This is the biggest, baddest, and fastest roller coaster Universal has to offer. It is also one of the most popular Universal attractions. The coaster shoots riders from the launching platform at 60 miles per hour, then takes them on a twisting, looping thrill ride. Ride this coaster early to avoid long lines.
2. The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman – Located at Universal Islands of Adventure, this ride is part simulator, part 3-D action movie. It features some of the best ride technology of any theme park ride anywhere, with riders experiencing freefalls and action perfectly choreographed to the 3D movies playing on the multi-story screens. This isn’t a movie though; You’ll ride a car that travels from screen to screen, watching Spiderman save the city once again.
1. Revenge of the Mummy – This thrill ride is the very best of the Universal attractions. Its part roller coaster, part haunted house, and all fun. Ride along with the Mummy on a coaster that travels both forwards and backwards. The coaster ride itself is exciting enough, but the special effects make this a deliciously spooky experience.